Thursday 18 July 2013

Finnegan's Wake Spell-Checked

People are always surprised when I tell them that I'm really useless at spelling and grammar.

-- OHBUTYOUDIDENGLISH they frown and jeer when I get something wrong.

Yeah, I did. But I'm pretty sure that every Mathematician at oxford was a better speller than I. They are perfectionists. Thorough and thoughtful. when they break the maths rules they get the answers wrong.  We're muchmore slapdash.

Pernickety obsession is not the trait of your average English student. Maybe language students. Historians. Or classicists. It has never been a trait of mine, anyway. I like language at its most creative. And if that means throwing spelling and grammar to the wind- then so be it

Yeah- I bet that missing full stop is really bothering you

And that one two. Alot.

I've flung some grammatical inaccuracies into this post so that you can judge weather your a grammar nazi or not.

This is what happens when you put the first page of Finnegan's Wake into Microsoft Word:


No comments:

Post a Comment